Monday, March 1, 2010

Navy Weekend

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted something, but I recently found some new motivation. Staying on my bike. Two weekends in a row now I have crashed in collegiate races. Fortunately I finished the crit this weekend but I still have decided to make a conscious effort to stay on my bike through my races. Overall my Navy race weekend was average, 12th in the crit and 14th in the ITT, but this also motivates me to train even harder to get to the top of the B category.

In two weeks I will be participating in my largest race to date. The Jefferson Cup Road Race is a full Cat 4 field of 125 riders. This will be my first big test of nerves this year. Collegiate racing seems relaxed compared to what I have seen in other races. So this race will likely be faster and more serious than any race I've ever been a part of. On top of that the number of people makes the racing even more dangerous and therefore a perfect test of my newest mantra to stay on the bike.

1 comment: