Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bryan Park Circuit Race

I have not been able to find the results of this race anywhere so I'll break the race down. There were only seven riders in the junior (15-18) race, and the cobblestone pavement was nice and wet from an early morning shower on May 31, 2009. The race officials warned us of a nasty first turn and of course (us being juniors) didn't listen. So, the very first turn of the race took two victims and broke the five people left in the race into two tiny "packs" (if they can be called that). I was stuck in the back group with two other people and right away one of the people behind me faded and eventually fell out of our group. Then this other rider and me started trying to reel the leaders back towards us, but me being out of shape faded as well until I was time-trialing a circuit race. Somewhere in the middle of the race I caught a second wind and the rider who had previously dropped me in my sites, and that's when I heard a noise... The next lap I was out of the race with a flat (a nice chunk of glass)! And that was my second road race experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment